Feel like you have high-priced Buick Regal insurance in Santa Ana? You're in good company because there are many Santa Ana drivers thinking the same thing.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. Drivers who shop rates annually are highly likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your goal, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
How to find lower priced Buick Regal insurance in Santa Ana
The best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Santa Ana.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for instructions to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Regal coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's important to compare premium rates occasionally because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate on Buick Regal insurance in Santa Ana a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. There is too much inaccurate information about Regal insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some solid techniques on how to find affordable insurance in Santa Ana.
How Your Regal Insurance Prices are Determined
When buying insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut premiums - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money - Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- City dwellers may pay more - Residing in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Buick. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers - Older people tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Tickets will cost you - Even one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten careless citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- When should you file insurance claims? - Insurance companies in California give the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Buick Regal statistical loss data - Companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Regal Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop smart and save
When searching for affordable Santa Ana car insurance quotes, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for Buick Regal insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Buick Regal insurance is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Santa Ana car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding affordable Buick Regal insurance in Santa Ana
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who can sell car insurance in Santa Ana. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Regal coverage is available in Santa Ana. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Santa Ana Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)