It takes a little time, but the best way to find better pricing on Acura NSX insurance in Santa Ana is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in California.
- Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find missing discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on NSX insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could save up to $860 each year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get insurance quotes direct online. This process doesn't take much effort because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Acura NSX insurance in Santa Ana simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best rate possible.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Acura NSX insurance in Santa Ana with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Santa Ana car insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Paper-free Discount - Many larger companies will give a small break shop Santa Ana car insurance over the internet.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Acura may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Multi-line Discount - Some car insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies early. It could save around 10% when you buy Santa Ana car insurance online.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, automatic seat belts, good student, homeowners, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, student away at school, driver's education, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, new vehicle discount, newly retired, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in Santa Ana. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Santa Ana, follow this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Acura NSX
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura NSX in Santa Ana, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Acura and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Santa Ana.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Santa Ana who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below are agents in Santa Ana that are able to give price quote information for Acura NSX insurance in Santa Ana.
Leavitt Group - Leavitt Insurance Services of Southern California
1820 E First St #500 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 569-2700 - View Map
Ammar Insurance Agency
726 S Main St - Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (714) 547-2400 - View Map
Choosing an company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Car insurance coverages for an Acura NSX
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like ambulance fees, pain medications and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your NSX caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your NSX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Acura NSX.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.