The preferred way to get the cheapest Audi A7 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Santa Ana. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Santa Ana. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Shockingly, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers can cut their rates by approximately 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how car insurance companies work and also pocket some savings If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. But California car owners do need to learn how companies determine prices.
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it's important to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies provide quotes in Santa Ana, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Verify you're getting every discount
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specially asked for before being credited. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Santa Ana car insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall bill.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple policy, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, air bags, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Allstate offers discounts including good student, good payer, FullPay discount, anti-lock brakes, resident student, and 55 and retired.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, teen safe driver, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good driver.
When getting free Santa Ana car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Santa Ana.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for local Santa Ana agents, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Santa Ana are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Santa Ana that can possibly get you pricing information.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Santa Ana that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi A7 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Audi and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you'll find typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage - Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your A7 to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive auto insurance - This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages - This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, loss of income, attorney fees, pain and suffering and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Cheap coverage is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Audi A7 insurance car insurance rates in Santa Ana. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Audi A7 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about auto insurance in California is located at these links:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Santa Ana, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Santa Ana Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much is Santa Ana Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Santa Ana Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)