A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Many drivers in Santa Ana could cut their rates by up to $500 a year, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The preferred way to get more affordable Audi R8 insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Santa Ana. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional tips to get lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on R8 insurance in Santa Ana. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Don't forget to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
The intent of this article is to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Comparison shoppers just need to know the least time-consuming way to compare different rates using one simple form.
How to buy Audi R8 insurance in Santa Ana
Cutting your Santa Ana auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. Just invest a few minutes to compare rates to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Audi R8 rate quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Audi R8 insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table below covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Audi R8 models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are formulated can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$722||$1666||$442||$26||$132||$2,988||$249|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$722||$1666||$442||$26||$132||$2,988||$249|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$870||$1972||$442||$26||$132||$3,442||$287|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$870||$1972||$442||$26||$132||$3,442||$287|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can alter rates greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders drive up Audi R8 car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age in Santa Ana
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi R8 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Santa Ana, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and make you pay for it.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Audi but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Santa Ana auto insurance quotes with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up digitally online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Santa Ana could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Early Signing - Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current R8 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Santa Ana car insurance quotes online.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Audi R8 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for IntelliDrive, new car, save driver, driver training, and student away at school.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, teen driver, automatic seat belts, good student, defensive driver, and early bird.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, driver training, military active duty, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and multi-car.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Santa Ana. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Santa Ana, click this link.
Neighborhood Santa Ana auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Santa Ana.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Santa Ana who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want a local Santa Ana insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Santa Ana can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to contact several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Santa Ana that may be able to give rate quotes.
Barrett Insurance Agency
1438 S Main St - Santa Ana, CA 92707 - (714) 973-9999 - View Map
Mural Insurance Agency
1202 17th St #103 - Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (714) 541-1003 - View Map
ZIBARA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
1700 E Garry Ave #206 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (949) 660-8800 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Santa Ana who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on a auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there a local claims center in Santa Ana?
- What companies can they write with?
- How are they compensated?
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you'll find the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - This provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Audi R8.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverages - This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as surgery, pain medications, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage - This coverage pays for damage to your R8 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your R8 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto insurance - This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Audi R8 insurance car insurance rates in Santa Ana. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Santa Ana car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)