It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable GMC Acadia insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Santa Ana.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote request and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It's a fact that insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. People who compare rates once a year will most likely buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on GMC Acadia insurance in Santa Ana is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to shop for insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for GMC Acadia insurance in Santa Ana utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like level of coverage desired, if you're married, distance driven, and if you went to college. Your rating data is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your GMC Acadia now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Santa Ana, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and statistics
The table shown next outlines a range of coverage costs for GMC Acadia models. Learning more about how rate quotes are established is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$256||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Acadia SL AWD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$294||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,566||$131|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$294||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,566||$131|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up GMC Acadia auto insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of GMC Acadia premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn't a written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your GMC Acadia claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
GMC Acadia insurance discounts in Santa Ana
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your GMC may allow you to get lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies give discounts for buying a policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The example below compares GMC Acadia insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
To choose companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Santa Ana, click here to view.
Car insurance is not optional in California
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in Santa Ana, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your GMC, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your GMC at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your GMC Acadia and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Santa Ana.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to companies in Santa Ana that can give you free Santa Ana auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Santa Ana that may be willing to give rate quotes for GMC Acadia insurance in Santa Ana.
Farmers Insurance Agency: Blake Robbins
3611 S Harbor Blvd #200 - Santa Ana, CA 92704 - (417) 263-1934 - View Map
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Where are claims handled?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Santa Ana?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Santa Ana?
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you'll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Acadia from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Acadia to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, theft, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, doctor visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage