Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, Santa Ana drivers could save as much as $470 a year, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
The recommended way to get low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Santa Ana is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for information to find cheap prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Santa Ana is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the tips covered below. Although California consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in California
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Chevy Sonic insurance discounts in Santa Ana
Companies that sell car insurance don't list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company you may earn up to 20% and get you inexpensive Chevrolet Sonic insurance in Santa Ana.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Sonic insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Santa Ana Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Santa Ana. To view companies offering auto insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Santa Ana insurance agents?
Many drivers just prefer to have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Santa Ana who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Santa Ana?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Santa Ana auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Santa Ana are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Santa Ana exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Santa Ana that can give you price quotes.
Quality Plus Insurance Agency
1450 N Tustin Ave # 221 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 245-1200 - View Map
Leavitt Group - Leavitt Insurance Services of Southern California
1820 E First St #500 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 569-2700 - View Map
Best car insurance company in Santa Ana
Finding a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Santa Ana. The company information displayed below could help you choose which coverage providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Santa Ana Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
One last thing to lower rates
We just presented some good ideas how to shop for Chevy Sonic insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When getting Santa Ana car insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Santa Ana Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)