If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Ford Expedition insurance in Santa Ana is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in California.
- First, get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more information to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around annually are inclined to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for insurance in Santa Ana is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Our objective in writing this article is to tell you how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. You only have to learn the quickest method to shop from many different companies.
Lowering your insurance rates is not a difficult process. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to spend your day driving to insurance agents' offices. Quoting and buying Ford Expedition insurance online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the professional assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible to compare the best prices online and still use a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Santa Ana, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Expedition has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information shown next covers a range of insurance premium costs for Ford Expedition models. Having insight into how insurance quotes are figured helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$164||$252||$360||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$186||$308||$360||$22||$108||$984||$82|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$186||$308||$360||$22||$108||$984||$82|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$186||$308||$360||$22||$108||$984||$82|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$186||$362||$360||$22||$108||$1,038||$87|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$186||$362||$360||$22||$108||$1,038||$87|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$186||$362||$360||$22||$108||$1,038||$87|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$206||$362||$360||$22||$108||$1,058||$88|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$206||$362||$360||$22||$108||$1,058||$88|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$206||$362||$360||$22||$108||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Santa Ana which can alter premium rates noticeably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Ford Expedition insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Expedition insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Santa Ana
The example below compares Ford Expedition auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set rule for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Expedition claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Save money with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Santa Ana auto insurance online.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Expedition insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Santa Ana Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow companies to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Paper-free Discount - Some larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Expedition annual premium costs with and without discounts. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, paid in full, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and paperless.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, good student, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Santa Ana. To see a list of providers with discount rates in California, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Santa Ana auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Santa Ana.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Santa Ana who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Below are agents in Santa Ana who can help you get rate quotes for Ford Expedition insurance in Santa Ana.
Mary Juarez Insurance
1227 W 1st St c - Santa Ana, CA 92703 - (714) 542-5914 - View Map
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. A good agent in Santa Ana will have answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Once you have satisfactory answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance company that meets the criteria to service your policy.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are possible
Lower-priced car insurance in Santa Ana is attainable from both online companies and with local Santa Ana insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just presented many ideas to reduce Ford Expedition insurance premium rates online in Santa Ana. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Santa Ana auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)