The recommended way to find affordable Audi A4 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Santa Ana. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper A4 coverage is available in Santa Ana. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. California drivers could save themselves 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you're already insured, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Santa Ana is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But California vehicle owners must understand how big insurance companies determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheapest auto insurance in Santa Ana, CA
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance data for an Audi A4
The coverage information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Audi A4 models. Having a good understanding how prices are figured can aid in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$348||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,932||$161|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$348||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,932||$161|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can change coverage rates considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Audi A4 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can affect Audi A4 insurance premiums for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Audi A4 liability-only versus full coverage
The information below compares Audi A4 auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Audi A4 claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Find Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent car theft.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles - Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, hail damage, and burglary. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- File policy claims and pay more - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in California provide discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Bad credit will cost you - Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Audi A4 by improving your rating.
- City dwellers may pay more - Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Lower population means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Drive less and save - The more you drive each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your A4 can cost quite a bit.
Insurance loss data for Audi A4 vehicles - Companies use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the collected loss data for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Audi A4 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. But any discount will definitely lower your overall premium however.
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of companies who offer cheap Audi A4 insurance quotes in Santa Ana in Santa Ana, follow this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Santa Ana auto insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Santa Ana.
After filling out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Santa Ana who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Santa Ana that are able to give rate quotes for Audi A4 insurance in Santa Ana.
ZIBARA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
1700 E Garry Ave #206 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (949) 660-8800 - View Map
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How long have they been in business?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Should I rate my Audi A4 as pleasure use or commute?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Do the work, save more money
Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies. Cost effective Audi A4 insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Santa Ana agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read some good ideas how to reduce Audi A4 insurance car insurance rates online in Santa Ana. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Santa Ana Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Santa Ana Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)