Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest GMC Canyon insurance in Santa Ana is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell insurance in California.
- Get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Santa Ana can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to take the time to find cheaper insurance rates.
How to buy Santa Ana GMC Canyon insurance online
Most of the larger companies provide coverage price quotes direct online. Comparing GMC Canyon insurance rates online can be done by anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system orders your credit score and driving record and provides a quote. Being able to quote online for GMC Canyon insurance in Santa Ana helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a better rate.
To compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
GMC Canyon coverage statistics
The coverage information shown below covers detailed analysis of prices for GMC Canyon models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are figured is important for you to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$284||$554||$464||$28||$138||$1,468||$122|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$284||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,586||$132|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$284||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,586||$132|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$284||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,586||$132|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$326||$554||$464||$28||$138||$1,510||$126|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$326||$554||$464||$28||$138||$1,510||$126|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$326||$792||$464||$28||$138||$1,748||$146|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$370||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can change rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change GMC Canyon insurance prices for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Santa Ana
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Canyon insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discounts for affordable insurance quotes
Some insurers don't always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Santa Ana can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Canyon insurance premiums with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver's education, passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA discounts include good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, military active duty, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, ease of repair, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, bundle discounts, switch companies, alternative fuel, mature driver, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in California, click this link.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your GMC Canyon with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your GMC at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $855 a year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Santa Ana who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Santa Ana?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?