Chevy Traverse insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The easiest way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Santa Ana. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers could save themselves almost $859 a year, but they don't want to spend time to find lower-cost insurance rates.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to save money while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Santa Ana can be made easier if you know where to look. Smart shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare different rates on the web.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Traverse insurance in Santa Ana
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Professional Organizations - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Santa Ana car insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Traverse premium costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Esurance may offer discounts for DriveSense, multi-car, claim free, safety device, Switch & Save, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including preferred payment discount, newly married, teen driver discount, multi-car, safety features, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for mature driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, company car, paid in full, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, good student, and air bags.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not be offered in Santa Ana. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Chevy Traverse insurance discounts in Santa Ana, click here to view.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
The coverage information shown next covers estimates of coverage costs for Chevy Traverse models. Having a better idea how rates are formulated can be valuable when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$434||$564||$492||$30||$148||$1,668||$139|
|Traverse LS AWD||$490||$564||$492||$30||$148||$1,724||$144|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$490||$564||$492||$30||$148||$1,724||$144|
|Traverse LT AWD||$490||$686||$492||$30||$148||$1,846||$154|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$490||$686||$492||$30||$148||$1,846||$154|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$490||$686||$492||$30||$148||$1,846||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Santa Ana garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Traverse insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn't a written rule to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Chevy Traverse settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you could use an agent's help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Will my Chevy Traverse be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If my Chevy Traverse is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood Santa Ana auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Santa Ana.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Santa Ana who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for a local Santa Ana insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Santa Ana agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Santa Ana that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Quality Plus Insurance Agency
1450 N Tustin Ave # 221 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 245-1200 - View Map
Ammar Insurance Agency
726 S Main St - Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (714) 547-2400 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Santa Ana that are able to give price quotes.
Farmers Insurance Agency: Blake Robbins
3611 S Harbor Blvd #200 - Santa Ana, CA 92704 - (417) 263-1934 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. A good agent in Santa Ana will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Don't give up on cheap coverage
Some companies may not provide price quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Chevy Traverse insurance in Santa Ana is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Santa Ana agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just showed you many ideas to reduce Chevy Traverse insurance auto insurance rates online in Santa Ana. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Santa Ana car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
People switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Active Military in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Santa Ana Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)