Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Audi S8 in California can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Audi and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Santa Ana agents.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Santa Ana could save roughly $470 each year, but they don't want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
It's smart to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Audi S8 insurance in Santa Ana two years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to get good coverage on Audi S8 insurance in Santa Ana at a lower rate.
All the larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide price estimates on the web. Getting online quotes for Audi S8 insurance in Santa Ana is quite easy as you simply type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system pulls your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for the most affordable premium.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in California
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, it's most likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Santa Ana insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Santa Ana and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
To locate companies that offer the discounts shown above in Santa Ana, click here to view.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Santa Ana car insurance agents
A small number of people just want to have an agent's advice. Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in Santa Ana that provide free Santa Ana auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Santa Ana should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is there a local claims center in Santa Ana?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Santa Ana, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Santa Ana are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Santa Ana willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Sandy Hocking-Cline
1801 Park Ct Pl - Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (714) 973-9100 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Araceli Padilla
2424 N Grand Ave b - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 543-4638 - View Map
- Kelly Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
2677 N Main St #150 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 647-6303 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Santa Ana who can help you get price quotes.
- California Insurance Specialists
400 N Tustin Ave # 425 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 558-8041 - View Map
- Santa Ana Insurance
1331 W 1st St #101 - Santa Ana, CA 92703 - (714) 953-9341 - View Map
- Mary Juarez Insurance
1227 W 1st St c - Santa Ana, CA 92703 - (714) 542-5914 - View Map
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a broken windshield, vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Audi S8.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, emergency aid, funeral expenses, pain and suffering and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your S8 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your S8 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
You just read a lot of techniques to save on Audi S8 insurance in Santa Ana. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
People leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
Discount Audi S8 insurance in Santa Ana is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
How to find low-cost Audi S8 insurance in Santa Ana
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Audi S8 insurance in Santa Ana is to annually compare prices from providers in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Santa Ana. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once received, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below: