It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance in Santa Ana is to compare prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in California.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Cavalier coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you'll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It's an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Santa Ana is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Single drivers may have higher prices - Your spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance - The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Youthful drivers in California are proven to be inattentive when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older people are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Pleasure use or commuting - Driving more miles in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Cavalier can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating - Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. People that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Cavalier by repairing your credit.
Battle of the sexes - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Most companies give pricing on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Santa Ana is very simple because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage information on the page. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns a price.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to perform this step if you want to get the lowest insurance rates.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below offer quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Cavalier in Santa Ana, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, most lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Don't overlook these Chevy Cavalier insurance discounts
Some companies don't always publicize every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you're not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Online Discount - A handful of car insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Defensive Driver - Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Santa Ana Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- No Claim Discounts - Santa Ana drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
To find providers who offer online Chevy Cavalier insurance quotes in Santa Ana, follow this link.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Santa Ana who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Santa Ana who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Sonia Carolina Franco
2017 N Main St - Santa Ana, CA 92706 - (714) 515-8062 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Sandy Hocking-Cline
1801 Park Ct Pl - Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (714) 973-9100 - View Map
- Eddie Quillares Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
415 N Broadway - Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (714) 617-7150 - View Map
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to companies you've never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Santa Ana independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Ayala's Insurance
2020 N Grand Ave #107 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 210-5770 - View Map
- Everett Callahan Insurance Agency, Inc
1913 17th St - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 246-8976 - View Map
- CRC Insurance Services Inc
1551 N Tustin Ave # 450 - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 689-0101 - View Map
After getting acceptable answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just remember policyholders can terminate your policy when you choose so don't feel you're contractually obligated to the insurance policy for the full term.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will my Chevy Cavalier be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Cavalier?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Be persistent to save money
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce Chevy Cavalier insurance prices online in Santa Ana. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Cost effective Chevy Cavalier insurance can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)