Want a free price quotes on lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Santa Ana? Sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay high car insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as millions of other people.
It's well known that insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your objective, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Steps to saving on Dodge Ram insurance in Santa Ana
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Santa Ana is to compare prices annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Having so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Dodge Ram in Santa Ana, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most cost effective insurer.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates occasionally because car insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on Dodge Ram insurance in Santa Ana a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of information about Ram insurance out there, but we're going to give you a bunch of ideas how to lower your car insurance bill.
This information will instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the following tips. But California drivers do need to know the way companies price insurance differently because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Dodge Ram insurance in Santa Ana
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Santa Ana, CA. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The price information below outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Being more informed about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$308||$470||$674||$40||$202||$1,694||$141|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$348||$570||$674||$40||$202||$1,834||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$388||$774||$674||$40||$202||$2,078||$173|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$388||$774||$674||$40||$202||$2,078||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in Santa Ana location which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Dodge Ram insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Lower-cost Santa Ana insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Claims - Santa Ana drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- E-sign Discounts - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good student
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has savings for payment discounts, save driver, driver training, new car, good student, continuous insurance, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, drive less, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good driver.
Before buying, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policies in every state.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance agents near you
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Santa Ana.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Santa Ana that can give you free Santa Ana car insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below are agents in Santa Ana that are able to give rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Santa Ana.
Allstate Insurance: Pacheco and Solorzano Insurance Agency
1525 17th St d - Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 542-3585 - View Map
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Shop smart and save
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Santa Ana car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Santa Ana can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
How to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Santa Ana
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Santa Ana is to compare prices once a year from insurers in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Ram coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is that you'll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Santa Ana Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Santa Ana Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)