It's easy to assume that insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop rates annually are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who routinely compared rates saved $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly BMW M2 insurance in Santa Ana is your ultimate objective, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Santa Ana is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you'll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
All the larger auto insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give insurance quotes on the web. Comparing prices online for BMW M2 insurance in Santa Ana is pretty easy because you just enter your required coverages into the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system requests reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Using the web to get price quotes for BMW M2 insurance in Santa Ana makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the most affordable auto insurance rates.
If you want to compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will receive a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of BMW M2 insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your BMW has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your BMW as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
Affordable Santa Ana auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don't list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger auto insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current M2 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Santa Ana Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, bundle discounts, early shopping, teen driver, good student, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may have discounts that include safety device, DriveSense, anti-theft, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, and renters.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, anti-theft, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, driver's education, good driver, good student, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
If you want inexpensive Santa Ana car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Santa Ana. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Santa Ana, click here.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my BMW M2?
- What are good deductibles for a BMW M2?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rates but work with a local Santa Ana insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Santa Ana who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Santa Ana should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
What types of car insurance agents are in Santa Ana?
If you need to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Santa Ana are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Santa Ana exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Santa Ana who can help you get price quotes.
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that you can cancel your coverage any time you want so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for the full policy term.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a BMW M2
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and fire damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your M2 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your M2 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, nursing services and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your BMW M2.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
More affordable car insurance in Santa Ana is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don't offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When searching for affordable BMW M2 insurance quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Santa Ana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Santa Ana Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)